Below is D23’s announcement for the 2023 Destination D23 event. We will use this article to address any updates, modifications etc. made between the announcement and event.
Destination D23 presented by Lug
Join D23: The Official Disney Fan Club at the Biggest Disney Fan Event of the year as we celebrate 100 years of Disney! Journey through every era of Disney, as we venture back through the last century of storytelling and look forward to a limitless future for the company, and its most dedicated fans!
Destination D23 will take place from Friday, September 8 through Sunday, September 10, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.
The last 100 years have been filled with hope, innovation, and magic that has all been made possible by YOU, the ultimate Disney fans. Those in attendance will be able to celebrate beloved moments and memories with behind-the-scenes stories, and special guests and performances. Get a sneak peek at the company’s boundless future, be among the first to access exclusive shopping opportunities, and experience plenty of surprises at this fan-favorite event!
We look forward to seeing you at Destination D23 presented by Lug! A family company since 2005, Lug bags and accessories are styled for joy, personal expression, and the effortless organization of everyday life. For more information on Lug, please visit www.luglife.com.
Become a D23 Gold Member for the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go on sale on March 14 at 10 a.m. PT!
Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 will include*:
- See Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, Cast Members, Disney Legends and luminaries in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney—and beyond!
- Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro as he hosts a fun and entertaining presentation about what makes a Disney experience so magical and memorable for guests and fans around the world.
- Dial the clock back to 1923 and learn about Walt and Roy Disney’s Journey to California, and the earliest days of The Walt Disney Company—from the Disney Brothers Studio to the Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and how everyone’s favorite mouse became a superstar!
- Get weird with the Walt Disney Archives and experience 100 years of “Weird Disney” moments in the Centennial edition of a Destination D23 fan-favorite!
- Journey through Disney’s history of optimism and innovation with the people that are part of a rich history of storytellers and inventors, beginning with Walt Disney’s relentless optimism and innovative spirit, and leading us to some of the bright minds who are shaping Disney’s boundless future.
- Go down the rabbit hole to discover the “Disney you didn’t know” as the Walt Disney Archives uncovers some of the most astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-known facts that will change everything—or at least some things—you thought you knew about the Disney universe.
Plus, more presenters, presentations, and activities to be announced soon!
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 will include*:
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney Imagineering celebrating 100 years of Disney.
- Mickey’s of Glendale—the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise available for purchase. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- The Walt Disney Company Store—for the first time, D23 Gold Members on the East Coast will have access to a pop-up version of the official Walt Disney Company Store, featuring both employee and D23 member-exclusive merchandise! Please note that limited-edition trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees exclusively through a RSP opportunity.**
- Ink & Paint Marketplace—attendees will also have the opportunity to shop at this marketplace of exclusive Disney partners for exciting products from around The Walt Disney Company!**
*Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice. For the enjoyment of all attendees, access in and out of the Fantasia Ballroom may be limited during presentations.
**For the convenience of our event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale, The Walt Disney Company Store, and Ink & Paint Marketplace, on Friday, September 8. Details will be shared via email closer to the event.
All guests will receive access to the following D23-exclusive experiences:
- Guaranteed seats at all Destination D23 panels and presentations on Saturday, September 9, and Sunday, September 10, 2023
- D23 member-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive The Walt Disney Company Store pop-up shop
- D23 member-exclusive Ink & Paint Marketplace
- A special exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- Commemorative gifts, including a pin, lanyard, credential, and gift bag created exclusively for the event
In addition, a limited number of preferred seating tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These tickets will include a dedicated queue for a reserved seating area at the front of the ballroom.
Filming or Photography Guidelines
Photography, video or audio recording will be permitted during most panels throughout the weekend, unless specified prior to the start of the session.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest for either regular or preferred seating. D23 Gold Members will be required to log in with their D23 Gold Membership when reserving tickets.
- Each ticket must have a unique individual assigned to the ticket and no duplicate names can be used at time of purchase.
- Children under three (3) years of age receive complimentary admission to Destination D23.
- All ticket holders for this event agree to comply with the latest guidelines put forth by the Walt Disney World Resort. Find the latest guidelines at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/.
- All guests without active room reservations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort must park at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) and take the Monorail service to the event.
- There will be a limited amount of reduced rate hotel rooms available for attendees at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Link to book a hotel room will be distributed within the confirmation email for badge purchases. Cost of the hotel stay is not included in the badge pricing.
- Meals are not included as part of the event. Meals will be available for purchase at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. More details will follow for amenity services.
- All guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- D23 Gold Members attending must bring their photo ID, Gold Membership Card and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event. Membership card may be a physical card or a digital membership card found in the D23 app.
- D23 Gold Members must be present for their guests to gain entry to the event.
- Ticketed members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
All D23 events are subject to change without notice. All ticket sales are final. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds regardless of reason (including, without limitation, due to illness, change in travel plans, etc.) and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT IN LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL, during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.