D23 has started releasing panel information for Stage 28! Below is a list of panels by date and time. Please feel free to bookmark this article as we will be adding more Stage 28 panel information as it is announced!
*Please know D23 has not yet announced how access/lines to panels will work at the 2019 D23 Expo. Once we have that information we will share it with you and we will update this article!*
Friday, August 23
- 11 a.m – Mousequerade – Mousequerade, the fan-favorite costume competition that invites participants to create their own Disney-inspired designs, returns to D23 Expo 2019. Join judges Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars Rebels), Yvette Nicole Brown (Disney’s upcoming live-action Lady and the Tramp), Jennifer Leonard (owner and designer of Raw Threads), and the contest’s host, Disney’s Jim Babcock, to watch dozens of finalists compete in five exciting categories for the $2,300 Best in Show Prize!
- 2 p.m – Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series—Episode II First Look – Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series lets you become the hero of your own personal adventure as you step into the role of a Force-sensitive smuggler recruited by Darth Vader himself. Director Ben Snow, Senior Experience Designer Jose Perez III, and Lucasfilm Story Group Creative Executive Matt Martin take the stage for an in-depth discussion about the upcoming second episode, including an exclusive sneak peek that will be available only to those at D23 Expo.
- 4pm – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains, and Spaces Between—Celebrate the imagination, passion, and attention to detail in creating Disney costumes. Go behind the scenes with the team that crafted the dazzling new Walt Disney Archives exhibit on the D23 Expo show floor and its accompanying coffee table book. — Originally announced for 10 a.m. on Sunday
- 6 p.m. – Marvel Animation’s Venom Invasion and a World Premiere – Join Marvel Animation for an exciting panel full of sneak peeks, special guests, and big announcements, including scoop on fan-favorite series Marvel’s Spider-Man and the world premiere of the new Marvel Rising special Battle of the Bands!
Saturday, August 24
- Amphibia stars Disney Legend Bill Farmer, Amanda Leighton, and Justin Felbinger and series creator/executive producer Matt Braly will join Big City Greens cast members Marieve Herington and Bob Joles, and creators/executive producers Chris and Shane Houghton for a lively Q&A session featuring the one-and-only Kermit the Frog.
- 10 to 11 a.m. – Learn from women on the front lines of exploration, conservation, and storytelling at WOMEN OF IMPACT: Meet the Nat Geo Explorers Changing the World. They pilot submarines, get up close with lions, tigers, and bears—and even breakdance! Join submersible pilot and founder of a girls’ underwater camp, Erika Bergman; multimedia storyteller and Planet or Plastic ambassador Lilly Sedaghat; and large-carnivore expert Dr. Rae Wynn-Grant to give you a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it takes to become the next game-changing explorer!
- 3:30 p.m., – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks Disney Imagineers continue Walt Disney’s legacy in creating themed environments where beloved stories and characters come to life. Join Imagineers Joe Rohde and Scott Trowbridge to learn about the creative process for dreaming up and developing new Disney experiences as we invite guests to enter authentic worlds previously seen only in a film, a book, or one’s imagination.
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m – MARVEL COMICS: Marvel 80th Anniversary – Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort take you through the amazing, incredible, and uncanny history of Marvel Comics! Get the inside scoop on the House of Ideas—from Captain America to Captain Marvel! As part of Marvel’s 80th anniversary celebration this year, this commemorative panel looks back at the history of the Marvel Universe, honoring the iconic characters and timeless stories that have inspired fans all around the world. Marvel will continue celebrating this milestone with its characters and fans in exciting ways all year—from comics and games, to digital shows, toys, collectibles, and more.
Sunday, August 25
- 10 a.m. – Heroines of the Disney Galaxies – Join Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, creator of Her Universe) and some very special guests—including Sana Amanat (VP of Content & Character Development, Marvel), Ally Maki(Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, Toy Story 4), and Christy Carlson Romano (Kim Possible, Even Stevens, Big Hero 6: The Series)—for a celebration of some of the most inspiring and empowered heroines from the worlds of Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more!
- 12 pm – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park—Authors Pete Docter and Christopher Merritt reveal their magnificent two-volume tribute to the artwork and career of Disney Legend Marc Davis. Featuring artwork from Marc for the creation of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, the presentation will also highlight the 50th anniversary of the storied attraction. – Originally announced for Sunday at 6 p.m.
- 2 p.m., – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge—Meet some of the talented women from across Disney Parks, Experiences and Products responsible for bringing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to life. Hear stories about their roles and experiences in developing everything from the original backstories of the land and its inhabitants, to the themed merchandise, galactic fare, and the interactive elements found throughout Black Spire Outpost.
- 4 PM – World Premiere: Walt Disney Animation Studios Presents Short Circuit – In this exciting panel, Walt Disney Animation Studios will debut Short Circuit, an experimental short film program that will debut in Spring 2020 on Disney+. Talented artists and filmmakers will share their films for the first time anywhere and give behind-the-scenes insights.
- 6 p.m – The Art of Disney Storytelling – A panel of master storytellers—including Disney Legends Tony Baxter and Floyd Norman, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Paul Briggs (head of story, Frozen and Big Hero 6), and legendary producer Don Hahn—discuss Walt Disney’s impact on their careers and the entertainment industry, highlighting the ways they leverage those lessons to spark creativity today.